Stop Asking Me Why I'm Still Single

As a 22 year old, you think I'd have my life together. I don't, not even close. I still call my mom when I'm at the doctor's office because I get confused about the paper work. I have a mental breakdown every single time I put off my homework until the last minute, and then realize that I have eight hours to write a 15 page research paper.

Yes, I know what kind of guy I want to spend the rest of my life with. Trust me, I have plenty of time to day dream about it while I'm supposed to be writing those papers.

Yes, I have a Pinterest board dedicated to my wedding. I have every detail already figured out, and I know what kind of engagement ring I want, and I know how I want my man to propose.

All of that would be great... IF I HAD A MAN.

Yes, I'm aware. I'm VERY aware. Especially because everybody keeps reminding me of it. I've been single for five years. I am perfectly okay with that, I don't know why Martha (we all have a Martha on Facebook) on Facebook won't mind her own and stop obsessing over it.

"How's a girl like you not have a boyfriend, yet?"

Maybe I don't want one Martha. Ever think of that???

Or maybe I'm trying to focus on school. Being a public relations major is no joke. I want a career. I want to be established so I don't have to depend on a man. That's something I've always been dead set on.

Maybe I have standards. Every girl deserves to be swept off her feet. And you better believe that I expect to be swept off of mine.

Maybe I'm waiting for my perfect guy. I'm not going to just settle for anybody just because I want to be in a relationship. I know he won't be perfect, but he'll be perfect for me, and I know he's out there.

Matter of fact, I might've found him. For the first time, a guy had flowers delivered to office. He brought me wine because he knows I love it (those papers bring out my inner alcoholic). On our first date he blindfolded me, and took me up to the edge of this mountain that had one of the prettiest views I've ever seen.

So, Martha... I hope you're happy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love Your Body

TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL!!!